Position: Security & Classified Matter Protection & Control Specialist
Location: Washington DC
Clearence: Top Secret (TS)Job Description:
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Our Team-Member, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Our Team-Member will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Our Team-Member is seeking to hire a high-performing person who will oversee management of controlled classified material and facilities for the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Offices of the Executive Secretariat and Management and Budget. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated classified matter protection and control knowledge and experience and a strong background in security program management. This is a full-time, on-site position located in NNSA offices located in the Department of Energy (DOE) Forrestal building, Washington, DC.
• Operating, accessing, securing, and maintaining a classified matter control facility following all DOE directives and federal regulations (including conducting inspections and end-of-day checks on all vaults, safes, etc. and opening/securing facilities on a daily basis).
• Serving as the subject matter expert on classified matter protection and control for NNSA.
• Developing and maintaining standard operating procedures and checklists for operation and protection of vault, limited access area, and secure storage containers.
• Implementing controls on incoming and outgoing classified matter including tracking, handling, processing, packaging, moving and managing classified and unclassified correspondence/documents.
• Receiving, controlling, and safeguarding classified matter. Identifying classified matter that must be accounted for and the accountability mechanisms to be used by HQ elements. Updating and maintaining appropriate records (e.g., database and hardcopy) of security control actions.
• Serving as an expert for classified matter creation, classification marking, processing, packaging, accountability, and storage including consulting to and advising all users of the proper marking, packaging, reproduction, destruction, and processing requirements for classified documents.
• Applying proper safeguards for storage, distribution, and handling of all classified matter (e.g., letters, memorandums, reports, books, binders, CDs/DVDs, etc.) including using controlled tracking and disposal.
• Ensuring all items are marked and stored properly; maintaining and managing secure storage containers; regularly reviewing material in storage containers to ensure compliance; and using an organized filing system that allows documents to be identified and located quickly.
• Coordinating classified correspondence pick up and messenger services and providing expert consultation on markings, packaging, and hand-carrying rules and instructions.
• Maintaining open communication between the classified control center team and the Executive Secretariat Director and staff regarding workload, priorities, upcoming tasks, closed-out tasks, and other work.
• Assisting, collaborating, and coordinating with other security offices, other locations, and other government organizations.
• Interpreting security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and control of classified material.
• Monitor and manage security operations and provide customer with status reports and recommendations.
• Apply experience in supporting security concepts, principles, and practices to analyze and resolve classified matter protection issues.
• Conduct security self-inspections, apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measure to meet requirements.
• Bachelor degree with 4-8 year of relevant experience
• Active DOE Q or DOD TS clearance
• Expert knowledge and experience with security regulations, requirements, and DOE directives, particularly the DOE Classified Matter Protection and Control section of the DOE Headquarters Facilities Master Security Plan (or similar DOD directives).
• Expert knowledge and demonstrated ability to respond to inquiries pertaining to classified document markings and accountability requirements
• Extensive experience with managing a classified matter control center.
• In depth knowledge of procedures for all operations for controlling classified matter including identifying and handling matter generated by foreign governments.
• Evidence of completing Classified Matter Protection and Control training.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and identify priorities, communicate those priorities, and reprioritize as necessary.
• At least 5 years of overall work experience supporting federal government programs (e.g., DOE, DOD, DHS, etc.)
• Evidence of completing specialized Classified Matter Protection and Control training.
• Knowledge of NNSA, its missions, leadership, offices, and responsibilities